Insurance and Billing Clerk
Insurance and Billing Clerk Training for Your Employees
Penn Foster’s online Insurance and Billing Clerk Certificate prepares learners to interpret information on a patient’s chart and generate invoices using the corresponding codes from insurance companies to provide timely and accurate billing services. Upon completing the program, workers will understand specific payer billing and payment rules, managed care contracts, and reimbursement schedules to effectively and efficiently process claims and payments, becoming an asset to your healthcare staff.
What Your Learners Will Study
- The importance of patient confidentiality and adhering to HIPAA guidelines
- How to prepare and transmit claims, research, correct and re-bill outstanding insurance claims, and work with medical office personnel to manage the facility’s insurance accounts receivable.
- Effective customer service skills, including interpersonal communication, working with a variety of people, and more.
- Develop computer and administrative skills to become an effective member of a healthcare administration team.
Insurance and Billing Clerk Training Curriculum
Average completion time: 1-3 mo
Our online Insurance and Billing Clerk Training curriculum is designed to prepare workers to confidently fill vital roles in the healthcare system, ensuring claims are properly filed and billed to patients and insurance companies. Online courses cover topics such as:
- Patient communication and customer service skills
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA
- Computer and administrative skills
- Use of electronic medical records systems
- Understanding of medical billing, reimbursements, and insurance procedures
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
Expand your workers’ skillsets with medical billing and coding training that prepares learners for the CBCS, CPC, and CCA exams.
Equip your healthcare workers with the administrative skills and knowledge they need to sit for the CMAA and CEHRS exams.