Veterinary Technology Training for Your Employees
Grow your practice and upskill your veterinary technicians with Penn Foster's Veterinary Technology Bachelor's Degree. Through this online completion degree, you can offer a clear career path for valued veterinary technicians while improving retention and patient quality of care. Learners will cover in-depth courses in advanced veterinary nursing and veterinary technology specialties, providing further value to your practice.
What Your Learners Will Study:
- Advanced veterinary pharmacology, building an understanding of various drugs used in veterinary medicine including the different types and functions of antimicrobials, anti-parasitics, disinfectants, and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Build an understanding of the importance of proper preventative healthcare and rehabilitation for animals including proper nutrition, parasite control, and vaccine protocols.
- Become familiar with emergency and critical veterinary care including how to assess and manage emergencies, traumas, and CPR best practices.
- Build surgical nursing skills and understand surgical anesthesia fundamentals and techniques that allow for humane surgery to be performed on all animal species.
Veterinary Technology Training Curriculum
- 4 semesters
- 26 exams
- 23 courses
Aligned with AVMA and industry standards, the online Bachelor's of Science in Veterinary Technology prepares your veterinary technicians to take the next step in their career at your practice. Online courses include:
- Advanced Veterinary Pharmacology
- Preventative Healthcare and Integrative Medicine for Animals
- Advanced Animal Anesthesia and Surgical Nursing
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
Janet McConnell, CVT
Program Director, Veterinary Nursing Development NVA Compassion-First
"We are extremely pleased to offer our expanded, ground-breaking employer-supported development program for our veterinary nursing teams that allows them to make a choice for their educational program and career path."
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
This NAVTA-approved online program prepares your employees to sit for the Approved Veterinary Assistant examination.
Upskill your practice’s employees with an AVMA-CVTEA accredited Veterinary Technician program that preps workers for the VTNE.
Contact us today
Interested in learning more about Penn Foster's education and training solutions?
$nameAccording to national averages from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for veterinary technicians is expected to grow 16% over the next 10 years.* That is a much faster growth rate than almost all other occupations.
$namePenn Foster’s Veterinary Technician Degree Program is one of only a few programs with full accreditation from the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), through their Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA).