Online Patient Transporter Training for Your Employees
The Patient Transporter Training Program will prepare new and current employees to provide safe, dependable, and courteous patient transportation services for all admissions, discharges, and transfers throughout the hospital or long-term care facility.
What Your Learners Will Study
- How to maintain and be responsible for all departmental equipment, including wheelchairs, stretchers, and TransCarts.
- Effectively transport equipment and documents relating to patient care and transport.
- How to provide excellent customer service to patients, keeping in mind patient confidentiality and HIPAA regulations.
- The foundational skills needed for safe patient handling, including understanding and adhering to OSHA regulations.
Patient Transporter Training Curriculum
Average completion time: 1-3 mo
Designed with job-readiness in mind, Penn Foster’s Patient Transporter Training curriculum covers the essential skills and knowledge needed to prepare your workers to become effective members of your healthcare team from day one. Online courses cover topics such as:
- Communication and customer service
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA
- Use of adaptive equipment to support Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- OSHA and safe patient handling
Our Proven Training Model
Real World Credentials
This program prepares workers to become hospital greeters at your facility, creating a welcoming and helpful environment for patients.
This online training program prepares learners to coordinate activities related to the admission of patients, including registering patients and obtaining pertinent information.
Contact us today
Interested in learning more about Penn Foster's education and training solutions?
$nameAccording to national averages from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for veterinary technicians is expected to grow 16% over the next 10 years.* That is a much faster growth rate than almost all other occupations.
$namePenn Foster’s Veterinary Technician Degree Program is one of only a few programs with full accreditation from the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), through their Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA).